Fall is coming! Our Pioneer Harvest Festival celebrates all things fall and the harvest season. The Festival is a Mennonite and Pennsylvania-German festival, complete with food, crafts, historic demonstrations, and even a rummage sale! The Festival will be happening September 15th, and you won’t want to miss it! So what exactly is going to be happening at the festival?
- A Fast-paced, one of a kind Quilt Auction, with Handmade Mennonite quilts
- International food to eat on site and take home.
- Black Creek Registration Department Fundraising Book and Furniture Sale
- IODE Rummage Sale
- Cider Mill Demonstration presented by the Snider Family
- Hand Quilting Demonstration presented by the Mississauga Quilters Guild
- Sausage Making Demonstration and sale presented by the Pennsylvania German Folklore Society
- Pioneer Demonstrations: candle dipping (10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.), historic cooking, apple schnitzing, and grain threshing (2:00 – 4:00 p.m.)
For the first time ever, we will also be throwing a Fall Fair on September 16th, with carnival games, harvest activities, and apple bobbing! We will be offering all sorts of fun activities, and even a chance to explore our historic mill.
Of course, we will also have Brewery tastings running from 1pm until close. Be sure to take a little time out of all the fall fun to stop by!